The Minnesota Board of Medical Practice is moving to real time registration effective December 15, 2016. The temporary permit/license/registration option has been discontinued for the following professions:
- Acupuncture (temporary permit)
- Athletic Trainer (temporary permit)
- Naturopathic Doctor (temporary registration)
- Physician (temporary permit)
- Physician Assistant (temporary license)
- Respiratory Therapist (temporary permit)
- Traditional Midwife (temporary permit)
The Board has authorized issuance of a full license/registration for a regulated professional upon verification that the applicant satisfactorily demonstrates that all minimum requirements have been met. Because a full license/registration no longer requires ratification at a meeting of the Board, issuance of a temporary credential is unnecessary.
Fee payment, submitted on or after December 15, 2016, for a temporary permit/license/registration will be returned.